Trek Slash 9 GX AXS T-Type Gen 6Regular price £5,175.00
The Slash 9 GX AXS T-Type is an enduro mountain bike that gives you top performance in an alloy package. It's built on a high-pivot chassis that boosts traction for punchy climbs and keeps stability a priority when you point it straight down. A mixed set-up with a 29˝ front and 27.5˝ rear wheel keep handling playful. Plus, you get an upgraded 170 mm/170 mm RockShox suspension package that holds up to anything you can throw at it, all wrapped up with a wireless SRAM GX AXS transmission that keeps shifts on-point.
It's right for you if...
You're looking for the best alloy enduro bike you can find, and want it spec'd with components built to rally. You want plenty of travel for cleaning house through boulder fields, and a high-pivot platform for a boost of traction and stability. You love the added versatility that a mixed wheel set-up brings to the table.
The tech you get
An Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame with high pivot suspension and idler pulley, plus internal storage. 170 mm of front and rear travel with a RockShox ZEB Select+ fork with DebonAir spring and Charger 3 RC2 damper, and RockShox Super Deluxe Select+ shock. Plenty of gears for punchy climbs with SRAM's wireless GX AXS transmission, a Bontrager Line Dropper, and a MX wheel set-up with 29 in front and 27.5 in rear Bontrager Line Comp 30 Tubeless Ready wheels with Rapid Drive hub.
The final word
The Slash 9 GX AXS T-Type is a hard-hitting alloy enduro ride for rippers who want top-end components on a robust aluminium frame. Its long, 170 mm of front and rear suspension make light work of huge booters and drops, and upgraded components are the cherry on top.
Why you'll love it
- Its high-pivot suspension gives you insane control for hairy descents, while carefully tuned anti-squat and oversized pulleys make pedalling astonishingly efficient
- The long, 170 mm/170 mm front and rear travel is more than enough for stomping big jumps and cleaning rock gardens
- It comes ready to roll with a mixed wheel set-up that gives you a fast-rolling 29 in front hoop and stiff, yet nimble 27.5 in rear wheel, and can be set up as a 29er for more speed
- You can tweak Slash for how and where you ride with Mino Link, adjustable leverage rate and add an adjustable-angle headset (not included)
- Internal storage gives you a spot to stash tools and snacks, and it's available on all models
*spec applies to all sizes unless otherwise noted
|Alpha Platinum Aluminium, high main pivot, idler pulley, internal storage, angle-adjust headset, Mino Link adjustable geometry, adjustable leverage rate, integrated frame protection, internal routing, magnesium rocker link, ISCG 05, Active Braking Pivot, UDH, 148x12 mm thru axle, 170 mm travel
|Max compatible fork travel
|190 mm (606 mm axle-to-crown), S: 190 mm (587 mm axle-to-crown)
|SRAM GX Eagle, DUB MTB Wide, T-Type, 30T, 55 mm chain line, 165 mm length
|SRAM DUB MTB Wide, 73 m, BSA threaded
|Max. chainring size
|1x: 34T round, 32T oval, min 28T
|SRAM CODE Bronze 4-piston hydraulic disc
|SRAM CentreLine, 6-bolt, round edge, 200 mm
|Max brake rotor sizes – Frame: 220 mm, Fork: see fork manufacturer
|M - 16.90 kg / 37.26 lbs (with TLR sealant, no tubes)
|This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).